Monday, 31 March 2014

2014 - 20 Movies to Watch This Year ♥

Hello my lovelies! How have you all been?! It feels like I haven't posted in ages!

Well mostly cause it's true HAHAHA.

But oh well, at least I'm here now! I've finally finished most of my tests/internals as well as auditions and whatnot so I don't really have an excuse not to post now.

Anyways, lately I've been really obsessed with watching movies and I'm counting down the days until I see Divergent (which hasn't come out yet in New Zealand) - so I figured I should do a post on what else I'm going to be seeing in the cinemas this year! I'm honestly so excited because 2014 feels like the year for movies, if you feel me?! It feels like so many great books have been made into movies and so many sequels to great movies are coming out and argh everything seems so wondeful.

You need this. Print it out. Screenshot it. Just keep this somewhere!
To kick off this post, I found this wonderful calendar floating around on Facebook! This little thing is actually for America which doesn't really make sense since I'm from New Zealand but whatever - it gives me a rough estimate of when things are coming out which is good enough for me huehuehue.  Most of y'all reading this are from America anyways - but if you want one for New Zealand, I'll probably add it at the bottom of the post!

Time for the movies I'm definitely going to see!

Note: All dates below are for New Zealand. ♥ (Sorry!)

20 Movies to Watch This Year ♥ 

1. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 - 2013

Okay this came out last year but whatever. This was such a freaking good movie and asdfghjkl the puns were amazing. 10/10 



2. Frozen - 2013


I know this also came out last year but I saw it last month and I am O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D! I swear everyone in my school is obsessed with it too because I always hear people singing 'Do You Wanna Build A Snowman' or 'Let It Go'. Or maybe that's just me. But oh my god, I'm obsessed with 'Love Is An Open Door'. 




This looks like such a good movie! I really want to see it asdfghjkl but no one wants to watch it with me. *Sad* It's basically about the three people in the picture travelling back in time to rewrite history which sounds pretty cool right?! So why does no one want to see it? Anger.




This looks so good! I remember watching the first movie two years ago and it was great - so I'm definitely going to watch this!



I'm seeing this next week and I'm so freaking excited! I absolutely love the Divergent series (except for Allegiant) and asdfghjkl I really like all of the actors in the movie! Shailene (Tris) seems so lovely and is just gorgeous and Theo James (Four) is just a babe. Tris definitely isn't what I pictured when I read the books - I expected a really plain-looking Tris with an ugly nose - but I'm really glad they chose Shailene and not a plain Jane (otherwise it would be a really long 139 minutes).


6. Rio 2 -  April 17


You guys have no idea how excited I am for Rio 2. Rio has definitely been one of my favourite movies ever since it came out and when I found out a sequel was coming out this year, I was pumped. I mean who can honestly watch the trailer and say they don't want to see it. It looks amazing. Hopefully it'll be just as good as Rio and if it is - I'll definitely buy the DVD!


7. The Lego Movie - April 17


To be honest, I actually have no idea whatsoever what this movie is about but since it's got Lego in it - I'm definitely watching it HAHAHA. I actually saw a trailer for this last month when I was watching Frozen and I didn't have a clue what was going on - but based on the score on Rotten Tomatoes, it sounds like it'll be amazing. I mean 97% ?! That is freaking amazing for Rotten Tomatoes cause I swear everything is so harshly critiqued on there. I mean Breaking Dawn Part 2? I thought that was pretty good to be honest but no - apparently it's less than average with a pretty bad score of 49%. I swear everyone just has a mindset that the Twilight series sucks.


8. The Other Woman - April 17


If you haven't seen the trailer for this - you need to watch it. (Click here) This movie looks freaking hilarious. I mean 3 chicks trying to screw over a cheating date/boyfriend/husband/whatever? Sounds like a great chick flick to me.


9. The Amazing Spiderman 2 - April 24


You know this is going to be good cause Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are in it. I ship them so much. Cutest couple ever. Oh and check this video out - it's freaking hilarious HAHAHA. (Click here)


10. Maleficent - May 29


I can't wait to see Maleficent! Basically this movie is about what happened before Sleeping Beauty and what made Maleficent turn evil and curse Aurora. HAHAHA clearly I'm really bad at writing summaries but whatever! The trailer looks really good so definitely check it out!

Also, MAC is coming out with a Maleficent collection which will be released at the same time as the movie - but in my opinion, everything seems really meh. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I was expecting really dark and vampy colours. Like dark purples and greens and whatnot - I mean, it's like Maleficent's signature colour?! But no. It's mainly neutrals which just confuses me cause it's meant to be a MALEFICENT collection. That being said, the lipstick and gloss looks really good!


11. The Fault in Our Stars - June 5


When this poster came out a while ago, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 'One sick love story'. *Nervously laughs*

I'm still not sure if I'm ready for the movie come out in a few months - cause what if it doesn't do the book justice? I feel like during the entire movie, I'll just be too freaked out about Hazel and Augustus kissing cause in Divergent, Shailene and Ansel are siblings which just seems wrong asdfghjkl. I wonder if it's awkward to play brother and sister in one movie - and lovers in another. Hopefully this movie will be great and not ruin the book.


12. Okay so apparently I couldn't count and somehow went from 11 to 13. So this is 12. Sorry!

13. 22 Jump Street - June 19


If you haven't already seen 21 Jump Street. You need to watch it ASAP because it is just freaking hilarious. Just by watching the trailer (here), you can tell this movie's going to be good cause I mean - all of those lines HAHAHA.

Channing Tatum: We're like a power couple.
Jonah Hill: We're like Rihanna and Chris Brown. You're a good dancer and sometimes you're meaner than I'd like you to be.

HAHAHA. Please tell me you found that funny.


14. Transformers 4: Age of Extinction - June 26


I thought the third movie was going to be the last one but apparently they're trying to milk as much money as they can out of the Transformers series; and made a fourth one. To be honest, I'm not really interested in watching this as much as the other movies on this list - but I know my family will want to see it so yeah. The last movie was sort of meh - the graphics and everything were cool - but other than that, it was pretty average and not as exciting as I expected.


15. How to Train Your Dragon 2 - July 3


I absolutely loved 'How to Train Your Dragon'. It was like the perfect mix of everything and was just freaking amazing. There were bits where you were laughing your head off at Hiccup and Toothless' plain stupidity and whatnot - and there were bits where the feels were just overwhelming and you just wanted to cry and hug something cute and fluffy. Or maybe that's just me. Basically, the first movie was a 10/10 - it was such a good movie for an animated film and not to mention, was one of a kind. No surprises it got 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. So yeah, I have high expectations for the sequel!

Note: All of the movies down below haven't released any posters or details so I won't talk about them but they're there for you to look up later in the year! I might update if I remember! 

16. The Giver - August 21
17. The Maze Runner - September 18
18. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - November 20
19. The Hobbit 3: There and Back Again - December 11
20. Night At The Museum 3 - Unknown


So that's all the movies I'm going to be seeing this year! What's on your must-watch list? Oh and here's my 2014 movie calendar for New Zealand as promised!

Lots of Love,

Michelley ♥

Don't forget to follow me. ♥

4 comments:

  1. There are so many that I want to watch!
    I'll be asking a friend if she wants to watch Captain America this week, and I really want to watch "how to train your dragon2" and "Tim Burton's Big Eyes" - along with Malificent as well.

    Oh and I can't wait for Frozen's DVD <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now cannot wait for June 19th! Why is New Zealand so far behind? *sobs*


    elizabethsboredom.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with this list so much! I'M SO EXCITED FOR 22 JUMP STREET and I'm a sucker for child themed movies [Frozen ♡] (I was a bit skeptical about Lego movie though. It's very irritating when I would step on my brother's loose pieces haha) but Maleficent looks so dark but fantastic and Angelina Jolie agoinweg;

    Have you seen the trailer for Neighbors though? If you're into crude humor and Zac Efron and Seth Rogen battling each other!

    flyhighjelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing list I have a few here I really want to see! I just recently went to see Need for Speed and love it <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥