Sunday, 26 January 2014

The Versatile Blogger Award ♥

Hello my lovelies, today I'm going to be doing a post on The Versatile Blogger Award!

Two people nominated me for this award so this post is going to be double long - but thank you so much to Gin and Stella for nominating me. ♥ I absolutely adore both of their blogs - you should definitely go check them out right after you finish reading this post huehuehue.

pandagin.blogspot.com ♥
Gin is so funny and all of her posts make me smile. I really enjoy reading all of her lifestyle posts but her reviews are awesome too! Her reviews are super detailed and are super clear at the same time. I really like the layout of her reviews because it's super easy to follow unlike mine HAHAHA. I need to learn from her.

blushing-daisies.com ♥
Stella's blog also has some amazing reviews and all of her photos in her reviews are absolutely amazing. I mean how do you edit that good?! They have little zoom up bubbles and little captions on all of them asdfghjkl. I need to start taking better photos when I do reviews huehuehue.

Anyways more about The Versatile Blogger Award!


"The Versatile Blogger Award is an award given to you by your blogger peers, for writing quality posts that have somehow touched them, having good quality photographs, and the uniqueness of the subjects covered. The award is to honour the bloggers who bring something special to your life."

If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award. The rules to accept the award are as follow:

1. Thank the person who nominated you this award and include a link to their blog.
2. Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself

______________________________________________________________________________________________

14 Facts About Me ♥

1. I have an unhealthy obsession with soft toys.

I really like anything that is cute and fluffy asdfghjkl. I have zero self control when it comes to cute things which means I now have a whole shelf on my shelf (what?) dedicated purely to my babies and the worst part is - they don't even fit anymore so I have to stuff them in other compartments. So basically, now a majority of the shelf is taken over by cute fluffy things huehuehue. I have written the word 'shelf' way too many times in the last paragraph.

But anyways, I also have a giant bear that just chills on my bed with me. (S)he is an excellent best friend.

I want this so bad! ♥
2. I am obsessed with homeware gadgets and whatnot.

I know I sound very auntie and lame and everything but seriously, I LOVE cute, little gadgets that make your life a little easier or a little more exciting! I mean, who doesn't want a cup that makes slushies huehuehue. Or a blender that actually blends inside a water bottle to save washing up time?! Who doesn't want a robot vacuum cleaner that does all the vacuuming by itself?! I really want to get a garment steamer so my clothes won't be creased. I also want a Magic Bullet so I don't have to chop anything huehuehue. I am da swagmaster.

Hello!
3. My name is Michelle?!

In case you didn't already know, my name's Michelle Tan and I live in New Zealand! I have a mum, a dad, two annoying brothers (one older and one younger) and an adorable little puppy whose name is Cookie! I am around 5ft 3" or 5ft 4" or 5ft 5" - it just depends on who is measuring me HAHAHA. My feet are a size 5 to 6, varying per pair of shoes but really comes down to how much I want the shoes HAHAHA.

4. I love food.

Eating is one of my favourite things to do. I am definitely a foodie and I love to eat all sorts of good food but honestly I don't really care HAHAHA. If you give me a nice steak and potatoes I'll love it to death but if you give me a good sandwich I'll still love it nonetheless! I'm not really picky when it comes to food - I'll eat almost everything but there are still some things I hate.

5. I hate fish/seafood.

But I'll eat processed fish if that makes any sense. Here's a little list I made HAHAHA.


Okay so basically I'll eat fish if it's salmon or deep fried HAHAHA. #healthy

6. I am allergic to a crap load of things.

And it sucks. I have major dark circles because of my allergies and they won't go away! Not to mention, my eyes get really irritated during spring and summer and I go on a sneezing frenzy! *Cries* Basically, I'm allergic to all those extremely common things like dust, pollen, grass, shellfish, etc. Because they're so common, I'm also allergic to things that are related to them like flowers and fruits and whatnot. *Sigh*


Bakery Story! ♥
Restaurant Story! ♥
7. I am in love with Bakery Story and Restaurant Story.

"I am more concerned by my cooking spaghetti than the extreme untidiness of my room."

"You know the biggest give away about how obsessed I am is the fact that I immediately stop my YouTube videos to check on my waffles."

These games are just so freaking fun, you'll get addicted as soon as you start. So what are you waiting for?! Install it on your phone right now!

Let me just straightaway say that this game ruins your life. You will lie down all day with your phone, doing nothing but cooking brownies and waffles until the sun sets. Or maybe that's just me. I never get up before 2pm in the holidays but when I do, I've set an alarm clock to check on my chicken pot pie. Kidding not kidding. #nolife

I'm so excited for the movie (of Divergent)! ♥
8. I love reading books.
Yet I never have the time to really sit down and read a whole book in one sitting. That's the thing with me. Either I read the whole book in one go or I don't read it at all. Last year I managed to read the bare minimum of books a.k.a only our class texts which was like 3 or 4 novels for the entire year. 

December 2013 and January 2014 alone, I've managed to read: The Help several times, the entire series of The Sisterhood of Travelling Pants which by the way, is absolutely amazing - hence the reason why I read all 5 books in 3 days. I've read the entire Divergent series within two days of buying and proceeded to mope about Allegiant for another two more weeks. I've read Meg Cabot's Heather Wells Mysteries a.k.a Size 12 is Not Fat, Size 14 is Not Fat Either etc. which are surprisingly really good even though the titles sound pretty lame. I've read The Fault in Our Stars twice which the first time I found so-so and the second time I found amazing. I've read the rest of the Divergent Free Four stories huehuehue - I'm obsessed but I can't get over how bad Allegiant was urgh. I've read Nicholas's Sparks Safe Haven which was so freaking amazing, I felt scared yet at the same time - like a psycopath reading it. I literally had nightmares about what had happened in Safe Haven. It was so freaking good. I highly recommend all of these books argh they were all so good!

Now I'm going to read Looking for Alaska,  Perks of Being a Wallflower, Water for Elephants, The Invention of Wings, An Abundance of Katherines, Life of Pi, 13 Reasons Why and all those other best sellers! I know these were all popular last year or whatever but I still want to read them even though the hype is long gone!

9. I have an obsession with pastel colours and chiffon and lace and pearls and everything girly.

I don't really wear darker colours - a majority of my wardrobe is white, peach and pink with a few hints of denim and  blue hehe. My signature style is chiffon everything and collar everything and pastel everything and everyone knows it HAHAHA. Chiffon = Michelle ♥ Collars = Michelle ♥ Pastel = Michelle ♥

I also love to wear high heels cause I'm not exactly tall huehuehue. I'm tall to ants okay?! I also like to carry about big bags so I can throw everything inside without having to organise it neatly HAHAHA. I am so lazy.

10. I don't wear makeup except for lippie.

But if I'm feeling bothered, I'll wear mascara but not usually. Because of my allergies, my eyes get easily irritated and super itchy which equals me rubbing my eyes and turning into a panda. Trust me, I've done it before and it does not look good HAHAHA. I don't wear foundation or BB cream or CC cream or anything else because I'm scared it'll get my clothes dirty wtf. Sounds stupid, I know but when I went shopping at Forever21 in Hollywood, almost everything had foundation rings or streaks or stains or whatever. It freaked me out cause everything nice that I saw, had foundation streaks all over the neck area. I was very disappointed. Not to mention, I have these little red veins on my cheeks (I think they're called broken capillaries) which means whenever I wear anything on my face, it looks super obvious that I am if that makes sense.

11. I am super obsessed with bubble tea.

I absolutely love bubble tea and could drink it cup by cup. Personally my favourite flavours are:

Papaya which is so good asdfghjkl - it tastes like my childhood (a.k.a milk tea in a box).
Taro just tastes like beauty and life, especially when you drink it warm with pearls.
Melon is just absolute heaven in general huehuehue and if you've never had bubble tea before, get melon.
Oatmeal as weird as it sounds is so damn good but Japanese Green Tea is also pretty damn nice and so is Peach and Mango and Watermelon HAHAHA. *Lists almost every single flavour* ♥

In fact, I think all of them taste really good HAHAHA.

12. I hate drinking water.

Like I absolutely detest drinking water. I don't know if it's just me but water just tastes gross. It tastes like liquid nothing and I don't know why, I hate it. I'll only drink it if it's like ice-cold or like lemon water or whatever. But ever since our family got a Soda Stream, I've been drinking cups and cups of Soda Stream everyday which isn't exactly healthy but hey, it's better than drinking no water at all! Plus, I only add half a cap full of syrup per litre which just gives it a little taste!

13. I'm really fickle-minded and can never make up my mind.

I always have these phases with hobbies/things where I love them to death, then I get bored and put it away for good. For example, I used to be extremely in love with baking and everything - but then I got bored and quit after people said my cupcakes were bad. (Which they weren't! HAHAHA.) Then I used to love scrap booking and paper crafts but then it just got too messy and I got sick of it. A complete waste of money considering I had spent like $300 buying paper and scissors and sticks and whatnot. Now everything's hidden in a storage box underneath my bed HAHAHA. I was so young and foolish. But apparently I still didn't learn my lesson when I got really into buying all these squishies and ended up buying a whole storage box full - which was pretty stupid. So as you can tell, I'm super fickle-minded and am a very spur-of-the-moment person who has a really short attention span. Or I'm very stupid.

But hey, I'm starting to change for the better cause I've been blogging for just over a year! Longest hobby so far HAHAHA. Well apart from taking photos cause I've always shown an interest in that.


HAHAHAHA, INAPPROPRIATE MICHELLE.
14. I am obsessed with puns and jokes.

I am the pun master. I am one of those people who think they're really funny but they're not and apparently all my jokes are bad. But secretly they aren't huehuehue. Here's my favourite joke of all time.

Q: What did the farmer say to the other farmer?
A: WE ARE BOTH FARMERS.

HAHAHAHA FUNNY RIGHT? Okay no, Michelle, no. You're scaring away all your readers. I guess I have a really bad sense of humour HAHAHA. 9/10 times I'm the only one laughing at my jokes HAHAHA. But hey, maybe it's the other way around?! Maybe I have a really good sense of humour and everyone just doesn't know what a joke is huehuehue. #indenial

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So that's all the facts about me, here are my nominees for the versatile blogger award! Remember, all you need to do to accept it is to link your post back to me, write 7 things about yourself and nominate 15 more people!

My Nominees ♥

Nic and Claire - agentsmythblog.com

Sorry if I didn't nominate you or if you've already been nominated! Sorry for the super long post as well - I guess I just got carried away hehehe.

Lots of Love,

Michelley ♥

Don't forget to follow me. ♥

28 comments:

  1. Nice to know more about you :D I'm obsessed with bubble teas too! I'm gaining weight because of it >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading books as well! I read all series of Harry Potter *w* by the way, thank you so much for nominating me!<3<3
    Michelle, I got a question for you. What did the blogger say to the other blogger? Answer it rightly and I'll give you a kiss! LOL sorry for the cheesy joke ._.

    christymonicaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me Michelle! I'll have the post up on my blog soon :-) I've read Thirteen Reasons Why before and I loved it so much, you'll really enjoy it if you love Perks of Being a Wallflower, or John Green books ect.

    Meg ♡

    http://mynameis-meg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for bubble tea...I love it too!!

    恵美より ♥

    emi-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I really loved your answers :P
    I really love reading too! Maybe you could some reviews? Thank you *

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do the same too! I either finish a book in a day or never touch a book for months! Me and books have a love-hate relationship haha!
    Thank you so much for the nomination Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the nomination!
    I already got nominated by someone else 0.0 but here's my post!

    http://toth3stars.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Michelle! <3

    Soft toys for the winnn~~ xD And omg...I'm glad I wasn't the only one with an obsession with Restaurant and Bakery Story! I love it~ I'm super excited for Divergent as well!! Eep~ I really need to start reading again... (stupid college Dx) I hate drinking water too! OTL why's water gotta be so necessary in life for.. >.< And no worries...I think i have the same mindset as you~ <3

    It was great getting to know you more Michelle!! Thank you again~

    Love, Aimee
    chocobunnii13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you nominating me, Michelle. I've actually already been nominated before but thanks anyway :)

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! I have an obsession with homeware gadgets as well haha:)
    xx


    www.beautychokes.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the nomintation Michelle!!
    omg we have SO MUCH IN COMMON I'm not even kidding!!!!! o (≧ ∇ ≦ o)
    seriously not kidding!

    I also have a whole wardrobe of my soft toys lol! mainly teddy bears, animals hello kitty and mini soft pillows~
    umf! food ♥♥♥
    oh! I also have this hate for seafood!! It's really weird becuase lately I like to eat Fish katsu don and Fish-n-chips tye of fish but I hate other fish..
    awww your allergies sound really annoying! Found out last year I'm allergic to grass and some animals (o; TωT) I went spotty red and puffed up and ITCHY!
    chiffon ♥ pastal ♥ lace ♥ (nah.. I'm not really into pearls though)
    ahaha I had fun reading your random facts~~~
    xxxox Charmianeee


    charrmyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the award hun and thanks so much for nominating me! I have received this award before but coming from you it is also an honor :) Sorry it took me a while to get here I have been so busy!! I try to answer as many comments as I can but I definitely read them all.

    I hate sea food...all kinds! I also don't like orange juice and skittles LOL! I really want to read the Divergent series, my sister loved them and I want to get to them before the film comes out!

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh, yes! I should stop drinking bubble tea cause I drink it far too often to be healthy huehuehue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my god, I was just about to read that book! It sounds amazing from what I've heard - and yes! I love John Green books argh. x Looking forward to your post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha thank you! And yes - I'll definitely try to review more things! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Urgh, allergies are the worst thing to have, eh? And oh my god yes - I swear I'm Rudolph in spring. My nose is red from blowing my nose constantly HAHAHAHA. And lucky duck! I wish I could like seafood and could eat all sorts of it - but turning into a puffy marshmallow face girl isn't very cute HAHAHAHA. And thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaha yes! I could go months without reading but as soon as I start a good book, I can't even put it down! x And no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahahaha thanks for the link! I'm definitely going to have a look at your post. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH MY GOD WE COULD BE TWINS. RESTAURANT AND BAKERY STORY? SOFT TOYS? DIVERGENT? HATRED OF WATER? ARE WE LONG LOST SISTERS?! I've actually never met anyone else who hates water! This is so cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH MY GOD, ANOTHER TWIN! I LOVE SOFT TOYS ASDFGHJKL. THEY ARE MY ONE TRUE LOVE. AND OH MY GOD REALLY? SO MANY THINGS IN COMMON, WHAT IS LIFE?! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you! And no worries, I've been super busy as well huehuehue.


    And yes! Seafood is definitely not my one true love when it comes to food - but orange juice and skittles?! They are so good!!! Especially fresh orange juice and sour skittles - except not together of course!


    AND STOP RIGHT THERE. GO FIND A COPY OF DIVERGENT RIGHT NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hahaha I love Harry Potter!

    Maybe I'm a little slow but I didn't get the joke huehuehue. Could you please explain it?! It takes me forever to get other people's jokes HAHAHAHA. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg, I can relate to a few of those things! I LOVE bubble tea and pastels (in particular, but I do like colour, I don't have much black other than what I bought on a whim for work >.<) and used to be obsessed with Restaurant Story! (now I'm obsessed with Puzzle and Dragons - 3 accounts D:)


    And you're not short, you're taller than me..... by like 4 cms! >_<

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, really nice knowing you Michelle Tan, we do have a lot in common, i really like your tastes !

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥