Monday, 2 December 2013

The dying corpse flower.

Auckland Domain Gardens. ♥
Today Jenny and I went to see the corpse flower at the Auckland Domain Wintergarden after I heard about it in class! By the time school finished, the flower was pretty much wilted but I didn't really mind HAHAHA. I mean, the corpse flower was dying. Pretty suitable situation if you ask me.

But yeah, we didn't get to experience the smell of rotting flesh but it was still pretty cool. I mean this was the first time ever that the corpse flower has ever blossomed in New Zealand - and we got to see it before it died hehe.

Corpse flowers tend to only bloom once every 7-10 years so it was pretty exciting to see one in Auckland. I've seen them before in wildlife/nature documentaries but I never expected to see one in person! I've always thought that to find rare and exotic things like this, you'd have to venture into the deepest parts of the Amazon or journey into the unknown in Africa HAHAHA.

Anyways, time for photos!

My mum brought Cookie along!
Queuing up to see the giant flower!
Cookie looking unhappy as we wait.
Heaps of people waiting in line.


Look how huge it is! It's like a giant, ugly tulip wtf.
Waiting to see it up close!
Heaps of people came to take photos of it! (Like me!)
Look at the size difference!
You can see how the petals are all wilted.
The petals freak me out.
My little brother, my mum and my baby.
Jenny and I. ♥

Sorry for the random giant photos! If you want to make any of the other photos larger, simply click on them!

Lots of Love,

Michelley ♥

Don't forget to follow me. ♥

12 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Great Blog!
    I'm following you in GFC
    I invite you to visit me ;)

    Kisses
    SHOPPING STYLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just learned about this today in my Biology class! I wish I could see one too! But I don't want to smell it... xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god what a coinkydink! And yeah it was pretty cool seeing one even though I didn't get to smell it! The thought of actually smelling rotten flesh disturbs me...

      Delete
  3. Love the picture of the dog xD SO CUTE

    ___________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog 'Heylinni' at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe my doggy is a cutie isn't she? #proudparent

      Sure thing - let me know when you follow me back! x

      Delete
  4. great photos!! your puppy is so adorable <33

    xx
    emi-rii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you Emiri! Hope you're having a great time in Japan! x

      Delete
  5. Ermahgod your pupppyyyy omg! I think mine would get along very well hehe! What breed is it? xx

    Kisses from http://flowersandlaces.blogspot.com/
    Ree xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe my baby loves to play other dogs! She's a Bichon x Shih Tzu! What kind of dog is yours? x

      Delete
  6. Oh god, rotting flesh?
    I just-
    What-
    How-
    HOW DOES A FLOWER KNOW ABOUT THAT SMELL-
    /they're on to us/
    Ok, all jokes aside, that's super cool! The petals do kinda look like mushrooms though- LOOL
    I love these travel posts~! *^* Please do more when you have the time. <3

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA I KNOW RIGHT?! Rotting flesh asdfghjkl... I'm really glad that I didn't smell it cause otherwise my nightmares would smell like dead bodies wtf. And now that you mention it - they do HAHAHA!

      And thank you Gin! I'll try to do more whenever I go out hehe. x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥