Sunday, 15 December 2013

No longer brace face. ♥

Oh my god, my braces are finally off! Well actually, they were off since Wednesday but I forgot to blog about it HAHAHA.

Anyways, I'm super happy with my smile now! I feel more confident and carefree and asdfghjkl it just feels amazing to have straight teeth.

Time for some disgusting photos! (I warned you...)

1. Before Braces

Ugh this is so gross wtf. And this is my own teeth...
Before February this year, I didn't have braces - and boy were my teeth bad. Just look how crooked they were argh. Not to mention, look how disgustingly dirty they were. 0/10 for oral hygiene, Michelle. *Tut tut* I was the epitome of poor oral hygiene back then. Brushing for less than a minute. Not flossing for god knows how long. You get the picture, I was bad to my teeth.

2. Start of Braces

Zig-zagging braces.
But then when I got braces, things started to look up! I was on my way to straighter teeth and realised I needed to brush better after getting a filling. I began to use my electric toothbrush properly and started to use whitening toothpaste! I tried about every single whitening toothpaste in the supermarket before I found my HG. ♥ Never swapping back ever again!

3. End of Braces

Look how even the brackets are!
Then a few months ago, I got elastics to attach to my braces! By the time I got back from China, I wasn't using my electric toothbrush anymore and my teeth weren't as clean as before. Manual toothbrushes just don't cut it when it comes to braces I guess. Not to mention, my mum stopped buying me my wonderful toothpaste cause I kept polishing off the tube within a few weeks!

You know how they always recommend using a pea-sized dot of toothpaste? Michelle Tan is super generous when it comes to toothpaste and uses a huge swipe of toothpaste to cover the entire toothbrush head. So yeah, the toothpaste only lasted me 2-3 weeks which for $7 is pretty damn expensive.

4. No Braces!

Super happy! ♥ No more braces! ♥
And now! I don't have braces anymore (woo!) but I have to wear this awful retainer. It's like Invisalign or a clear mouth guard and I have to wear it 24/7 except for when I eat and of course, brush my teeth. (By the way, I'm not wearing it in the photo.) I honestly hate this thing so much cause it's just so freaking troublesome. I can't talk easily with it in and when I do, I sound really stupid and super lispy. Well more than usual. Oh well, hopefully I'll get used to it... I'm already getting better at popping it off when I snack on chocolate HAHAHA.

Oh and now my oral hygiene routine is super long and complicated wtf. I might blog about it later on cause... I can.

Overall Comparison


Look at that transformation! My teeth looked absolutely awful before braces asdfghjkl. The front of my bottom teeth had little gaps between each tooth and they looked like a miniature rainbow cause they were so crooked wtf. Not to mention, everything was just wonky in general HAHAHA. My buck teeth stuck out on a 45° angle while one of my side teeth were facing the wrong way, my mouth was crowded because I had inherited my mum's big teeth... and I had horrible oral hygiene.

But now, less than a year later (297 days to be exact), I have nice, straight teeth and even though my top teeth still sticks out a little, I'm really happy with everything! It's amazing what dentists can do with crooked teeth! I'm really glad that my parents decided to get us (my brothers and I) braces cause it really does make a huge difference - not only looks wise but confidence wise! I'm also really glad that I got them this year cause all my friends had them too HAHAHA. ♥ It's fab when a lot of people have braces at the same time as you cause you don't feel like you're the odd one out. #bracefaceclub #traintrackstogether

Now my little brother is the only one who has braces on and I'm kind of excited to see what his teeth will look like! His teeth are really horrible at the moment but if they can fix mine, they can fix his!

And before I go, I am proud to say that I now brush twice daily, floss at night and use mouth wash every time HAHAHA.

Lots of Love,

Michelley ♥

Don't forget to follow me. ♥

41 comments:

  1. Woah, that's a big improvement even though you only had braces for less than a year! I also need to get braces. I'm not a big fan of the idea, but I could deal with it. :c


    Funny story, each of my friends with braces would accidentally spit on me and I'd threaten to break their braces so they could deal with it for another year... xD

    But congrats on getting them off so soon! And please share your HG toothpaste with me. Good oral hygiene is very important! (Lazy floss-er person here.. OTL)

    As for that awful plastic retainer thing, I believe my friends only had it until they got an actual retainer? Hopefully that's the case for you too because I understand that they really suck. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great improvrement!<3<3
    I never try to use braces.... I think it's kinda....scary ;3;



    christymonicaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha thank you! It's not scary hehe - it just looks like it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had my braces removed a coupla years ago and i understand how you feel about the retainers, haha!
    they can get so troublesome especially in school, luckily it's just temporary though!

    x, http://joannee-candygram.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thank you Phailee! And you should definitely get them if you feel you need them! At the start I wasn't really keen on getting braces ( I wanted Invisalign) but now I'm really glad I went for them! Just think of it in the long run!


    AND OH MY GOD THAT IS ME RIGHT THERE. ALWAYS SPITTING ON PEOPLE. I'VE ACCIDENTALLY SPAT ON THE FLOOR, ON THE WALL, ON MY FRIENDS, ON THEIR FACES, I'VE PRETTY MUCH SPAT EVERYWHERE HAHAHA.


    But anyways, thank you! My HG toothpaste is the Colgate Max White One Toothpaste! It's the toothpaste that comes in a silver box and it's SO. FREAKING. GOOD. I can't tell you how much I love this baby. Even my friends said my teeth were white when I was using it! I definitely need to use this for the rest of my life HAHAHA.


    Wait, are you serious?! They're so lucky! I really hope I get a different retainer soon cause this is ruining my snacking habit HAHAHA. I CAN'T EVEN EAT GUM! OR LIKE GUMMIES WITHOUT TAKING IT OUT. *Cries* x

    Thank you for the lovely comment! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow it's really a great improvement, i remember when i took off my braces, i was amaze at the outcome, then i never regret doing it at all! sure i follwowed you now, do follow me back ( :
    http://www.fatiguechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that you're happy with your new and improved teeth ♥ Thanks for stopping by! I followed you both on GFC and Bloglovin' already! See you around :)


    - Mango.
    sunnysidetoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha yeah! It's annoying to take off when you're about to eat cause everyone gives you this look of disgust HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually want braces but their quite expensive and I don't need them THAT much. It's just if I had the money I'd definitely go for it. And with yours, the results are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Following you back already ;) Your teeth looks better and healthier of course!

    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  11. followed back x

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i always wanted to get it but its so expensive!! , anyway i thought put normally 2 years plus? but wow your was less than a year, envy envy !!

    rainxdropz.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! I was so happy when I took out mine!! Before braces, my teeth looked wayyyy worse than yours though lol :D


    www.blushing-daisies.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look really pretty now^^ I also had braces when I was younger, and I'm very glad I did hehe:D x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wanted braces for just my top teeth. *A* I've heard how painful and troublesome it is though, so I've always been scared. OTL
    Congrats on your removal! Hopefully you get used to your retainer as my friend did. ;v;
    ORAL HYGIENE YEAH 8D

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! I have a friend who has braces right now and I know how hard it is!
    Take care, have a nice day <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw your teeth are so pretty now! I had braces too ;) I followed you back.


    zxuantan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post your teeth look amazing it's definitely worth it :)
    Meg xx (new follower)


    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. luckkkyy you got them off!

    I got mine on a few months ago and I still have awhile-.-

    http://toth3stars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey michelle, thanks for following my blog via GFC, I followed back, so sorry I didn`t realize that you followed earlier. I am stopping by to check out your blog. Great idea to document your progress. I had braces when I was a teen and I was so happy to get them off and not have to go through the hurtful tightening process. It felt so weird when I got mine off, unusually smooth like I had no teeth! LOL congrats

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    stop by any time :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats ! looks great


    xoxo,
    little-chaka.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, I never realised how much of a difference braces can make! Your teeth look really good now, definitely a smile you can be proud of ^^

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yeah braces are really expensive! When I first got a quote for fixing up my teeth, I was told it would cost me $14,000 NZD and that I would have to pull out 4 of my teeth. Luckily we decided to look around and I ended up going to my friend's dentist where they told me it would only cost $6600! And no teeth extraction! So yeah, I ended up getting a really good deal - especially cause it came with treatments for breathing and stress!


    And if you don't need them that much, there's no need to get them! I mean there's no point spending thousands of dollars fixing something that's minor hehe. Like I always say, don't fix what's not broken! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hahaha yeah, braces are definitely not cheap! Luckily all my friends got them on before me - so I could ask them how much theirs cost and decide where to go! I mean, I went to one dentist and they told me it would cost$14,000 NZD to fix my teeth. Then I asked my friend where she got hers done and they quoted me $6600 NZD! Huge difference in price! And yeah, usually people have them on for around two years - but I guess my teeth move fast HAHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you! ♥ AND I KNOW RIGHT? I WAS OVER THE MOON HAHAHA. FREEDOM!
    Oh and Is it weird that I really want to see what your teeth looked like before and after? Hehehe. I hope you blogged about it - cause if you don't, you definitely should! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Haha thank you! x And yes, braces are so worth doing when you're young! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hahaha they honestly aren't scary at all! And they're not painful too - just extremely troublesome! I MEAN, YOU HAVEN'T EXPERIENCED TROUBLESOME UNLESS YOU'VE FLOSSED WITH BRACES. IT TOOK ME AN HOUR TO FLOSS WTF.


    And thank you! I'm actually quite used to it now woo! x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hahaha yay! We both have straight teeth now! And thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hahaha thank you! And I agree - it was super worth it cause now I feel confident and happy with my smile! x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awww good luck, Judy! You'll pull through, don't worry! It's super worth it in the end! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hahaha don't worry, that's fine! And oh my god, I still remember the ache of tight braces. It was like tooth ache but allover urgh. At least it only lasted for a day!


    AND YES! OH MY GOD, MY TEETH FELT SO SMOOTH AND SLIMY HAHAHA. IT WAS SO GROSS YET COOL AT THE SAME TIME! x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hahaha yes, braces can really change your teeth no matter how crooked they are! And thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm so super happy for you! :) My cousin had her braces in about 2 years back and I could tell it was really painful for her but the outcome is just too nice to pass up right! :) You just have to stand them for awhile but they are definitely worth it! :) Congratulations! :)

    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Forgot to add this but I nominated you for the Liebster Award! :) Please visit my blog to see the details! :)

    http://fairywater79.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-liebster-award.html



    fairywater79.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very good result!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I don't know why the reply button isn't applied on your comment so I reply here. I'm your new follower now, please follow me back dear ^^

    http://visitkarlina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hahaha thank you! And yes - it does take a little of time and patience (and pain) but it's worth it in the end!


    And thank you for the nomination but I've already been nominated three times! x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥