Thursday, 26 December 2013

Boxing Day Haul ♥

Hi my lovelies, I hope you've had a really good Christmas and Boxing Day! Well the latter depends on where you are but since I'm in New Zealand - the first country to see the sun- my holiday shopping is over!

Today I went to Sylvia Park and St Lukes to grab some bargains - and boy was it crowded. There were just so many people?! I mean getting into the malls is hard enough. When we left Sylvia Park to head down to St Lukes, the queue of cars trying to get in was literally a kilometre long. It just went on and on and on. Then when you got into the car parks, you'd have to look for cars coming out or creepily follow people to their cars. Which was like barely anyone. I mean who leaves early on Boxing Day?! No one. You just have to pray that the parking god is on your side today. Or be creative and park anywhere and everywhere. Park on the footpaths? Why not? Park half on the kerb, half on the road? Why not?

And then shopping itself is a nightmare argh. Everyone's just bumping and pushing into you and stepping all over your toes. Oh and then you have to navigate through the sea of people with your bags. Or your trolley if you're a serious shopper. But the people I hate the most on Boxing Day are...

1.  The people who push trolleys into shops.

It's like, can you not? Just don't, okay? I mean, who brings a freaking trolley into an already packed store? No one! No one with common sense at least. If you're carrying enough bags to need a trolley, you need to stop HAHAHA. Or put them in your car before you keep going - just don't block everyone from getting in and out cause it just makes Boxing Day shopping painful.

2. The people who buy a trolley-full of groceries.

There are 365 days in a year to go grocery shopping and you choose to go on Boxing Day at one of the busiest malls. Great.

3. The children who bring ridiculous things shopping.

I mean, a scooter? Really?! A scooter? You brought a scooter when you went shopping on one of the most busiest days of the year in one of the most busiest malls in New Zealand? Your parents let you? You serious?

I officially hate shopping on Boxing Day cause of how crowded everywhere is. Also because everything good is sold out instantly. *Cries*

Anyways, enough of my ranting, time for a haul!

So this is what I got today!



1. Jewellery Tree from Redcurrent ♥

I thought this was super cute but I couldn't choose between getting it in pink or black! But in the end I chose pink cause pink is life hehehe.

Cute or what?! Now I need to stretch them hehe.
2. Daisy Shorts from Valleygirl ♥

Aren't these shorts just the cutest? When I saw them a few weeks ago when I went shopping with Lanlan, I was in love. I tried them on then but I was still confused about what size to get so I lined up for half an hour and still couldn't decide. Size 8 was tight around the butt and the hips. Size 10 was loose everywhere and it looked I had a boner cause it was so baggy wtf.

In the end I decided that: tight shorts > loose shorts with boner.

Super love. ♥ ♥ ♥
3. Flamingo Pyjama Shorts from Cotton On Body ♥

Oh my god, I was so happy I found these babies! Aren't they so pretty? I first saw them in Sylvia Park's Cotton On Body but all they had left were XLs. Same goes for all their other cute shorts. *Cries* I was honestly really sad and disappointed. I was feeling super dizzy and sick and I couldn't find anything I wanted in my size! All I wanted was some cute pyjamas and some oversized cardigans and all I got was people stepping on my feet and pushing me. Luckily when we went to St Lukes, Cotton On Body still had some in stock! I literally ran from one end of the shopping centre to the other end - just to check if they had any left! I guess it wasn't in vain afterall!

Huehuehue I got my brother to hold this up. 
4. Candyfloss Pink Hoodie from Cotton On Body ♥

While waiting in line to buy my  flamingo shorts, I saw a huge pile of colourful hoodies on the table beside me. Everything was super messy and looked super big - so I was like, "Meh." But then when I saw that they were only $10 each, I was like, "Why not?! Ten dollars!" So I grabbed one of their pink hoodies and tried it on - and surprisingly it fit even though it was large! Hoodies are meant to be baggy so it was a super good deal huehuehue! Especially when it matches with my shorts! Huehuehue.

And that's all I bought today! I didn't buy much because the sales sucked -and my friends and I are shipping stuff from America huehuehue. Can't wait for American Boxing Day sales! By the way, if you're not from New Zealand or have no idea what I'm talking about, just ignore all the names huehuehue. I should stop writing my laughs like that hehehe.

Huehuehue awkward pose.
Ending on my OOTD ♥

Lots of Love,

Michelley ♥

Don't forget to follow me. ♥

24 comments:

  1. Loving your shorts<3<3


    Happy Holidays,

    christymonicaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your post. It was informative, funny and delightful. Thanks for sharing your haul photos.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have the Boxing day culture here. Although Sales and promotions are about to start (I already got a text message from Sephora with 25% off, which I'll be sure to use to get my Naked3 Palette!)
    I really love the piece you got for your earrings! It's so pretty *-*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boxing day sales can be a nightmare, I tend to ignore them or browse online! I'm just excited for all the new spring stock :D

    Looks like you found some great things though! I am totally in love with the flamingo shorts, they're incredible!!

    Hope you had a lovey Christmas and Boxing Day :)

    Helen at Hels Yeah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I know what you mean about having 'short boners'
    I'm literally crying and was crying all say yesterday because I had to ditch the boxing day sales for lunch and dinner at my gran's. Now I'll have to suffer everyone's boxing day sale hauls today

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your things^^ I think everyone has a love-hate relationship with the sales hehe:P My favourite things is the flamingo shorts, they're so cute! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I've actually never heard of not having Boxing Day! Does that even make sense? But anyways, it sounds to me your regular sales are way better than ours. Asdfghjkl the Naked 3 Palette? 25% off? *Cries*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Next year I'm going to skip the in-store Boxing Day sales and just chill out at home and online shop. It'll definitely be way less stressful. And less painful.


    And yeah - I reckon the flamingo shorts made the entire day of torture worth it!


    Thank you! I hope you had a good Christmas and holiday season too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHAHAHAHA YAY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS AWKWARD BULGES IN THEIR PANTS. HAHAHAHA THAT SOUNDS SO DELIGHTFUL.


    And don't worry about the sales! It just means you have more money in your pocket hehehe. Plus there was barely anything on sale this year (in NZ)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! And I couldn't have said it any better. I have a love-hate relationship with Boxing Day sales but mostly hate HAHAHAHA.


    And yes - the flamingo shorts are my fave! I'm going to wear them everyday huehuehue. Thanks for reading! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHAHA people go crazy when they hear the word sale! And thank you! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg Michelle I love your blog it's amazing, I made sure to follow! I'd love to visit New Zealand one day, and I love your little jewellery tree :-)

    Meg ♡

    http://mynameis-meg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. We don't have that tradition, same with the Black Friday's. Some brands do it, but it's not anything really big. Our regular Sales started yesterday if I'm not mistaken.
    Oh yes I got it yesterday! I was lucky, it was the last one on that store xD
    Take care, have a nice day!*

    ReplyDelete
  14. those shorts are really cute!
    happy holidaysc:

    ReplyDelete
  15. PINK 5EVER. (Love that jewelry tree!!)

    I've only been Boxing Day shopping once. Too many people and I hate people. (Annnnd this is why online shopping exists)

    Anyways, Happy (Almost) New Year! c:
    citronandguavaberry.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww thank you Meg! You are just the cutest! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! Happy New Year in a few hours! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAHAHAHAHA I laughed when I read your comment! And yeah - I love the... little tree. I have no idea how to spell jewelry/jewellery/je-asdfghjkl.


    But me too! I hate people when I go shopping. People say the hustle and bustle of places is exciting but when you're in a little shop trying to pay for one thing and there's a million people in front of you carrying armfuls of clothes, I go crazy.


    Thanks for your comment! Happy New Year in a few hours! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love boxing day ahhhh! QAQ <3
    I'm so envious of your buys. I think the tree is my favorite.
    People are always ridiculous where there are these so called "big sales". Heck, my friend has a battle injury from fighting this man for a game console-
    Thank you for sharing! <3

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. (YEAH THANK GOD SPELL CHECK EXISTS BECAUSE I CANT SPELL JEWELERY/JEWLRY W.E THAT SHT IS EITHER)

    Yeah, at times it can be exciting, but most of it is putting up with a lot of children/baby crying, stroller/cart pushing and you'd think that with the stuff that these people buy, it could last them a lifetime, haha

    HAPPY NEW YEARS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yet after multiple decades of futility, both the Royals and
    Pirates are utilized to waiting around. [4] The full master program was published in September
    16, year 2011. Depending upon the amount and strength of blows
    administered, the punishment could leave a man back bruised,
    cut, or ripped available to reveal muscle and bone.

    Feel free to visit my page :: plunder pirates hack (plunderpirateshacks.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥