Monday, 9 December 2013

AfterFocus on Android Review ♥

Disclaimer: All products mentioned were purchased by myself and all opinions are strictly my own.

Hello my lovelies, today I'm going to be doing a review on one of my favourite photo editing apps! In my opinion, this is one of the best photo editors available on Android (and iOS) and is my personal favourite at the moment hehe.

Let's get started!


AfterFocus

My favourite photo editor at the moment!
With AfterFocus, you can create DSLR-style background blurred photo by simply selecting focus area. Also, various filter effects offer you to create the most natural and realistic photo.
Selecting a focus area more precisely, you can achieve more natural and professional image.
Just mark the areas you want, AfterFocus automatically recognizes the focus area precisely even for an object with complex shapes.

This auto function allows you to work faster on smart phones with small screen.
Also, background blur effect of AfterFocus gives a photo the realistic look between the edge of the background and the focus area.
With our realistic filter effects, you will enjoy photographing and photo editing even more, and share them on SNS easily.
1. Smart focus area selection
Simply draw some lines inside a focus area and the background, then AfterFocus will automatically recognize the focus area. You can also select the area with traditional finger painting.
2. Background Blur effect
You can create the most realistic blur effect with various aperture styles just like DSLR camera.
To emphasize that certain things move, Motion blur effect is also available.
3. Filter effect
AfterFocus offers from basic effects to professional effects like Cross Process without looking artificial.
Also, you can emphasize the spot light on the background using Bokeh effect.
4. Double photo
Take a picture of one object and move slightly to the right to take another picture of the same object, and it will analyze the images and recognize the nearest object, so there is no need to draw the focus area.
(Make sure that the background and the distance of the object are far enough and have clear texture to get a great result.)
5. Easy share
You can share through e-mails and SNS easily and simply.



So basically, with AfterFocus, you can blur the backgrounds of pictures to make them all pretty and professional looking! It lets you alter the depth of field in your photos - after you've taken them! And it's really easy to do - all you need to do is choose from two modes (Manual or Smart) and colour in what you want to be focused and what you want to be blurry! It's easy as that!

Do you catch my drift?
Before this, I didn't really like using my phone's camera cause it didn't have that "crisp" quality that DSLR photos have. You know what I'm talking about right? The super sharp subject with the super blurry background? But anyways, now I find myself reaching for my phone instead of my DSLR... Why? It's just more convenient! I literally carry my phone EVERYWHERE.


Not to mention, most of the filters on AfterFocus are quite nice! My personal favourites are XProcess1 and Vintage. Faded and Cream are pretty nice as well! I love how they included this cause it means I can do everything in one go - I don't need to add a filter in another app!

You can see some of the photos I've edited with AfterFocus here!
Also, the quality of the photos after editing is 10/10! They look like they were actually taken from a DSLR in my opinion hehehe. But don't just take my word, before downloading, you can look at all the positive reviews that say this!

I always choose the largest resolution in case I ever want to blow them up wtf.
And the actual resolution isn't shabby at all - but that's only if you have the Pro version. If you don't have the pro version, the resolution will be pretty pixelated which is why I definitely recommend paying for it. I mean, it's only $1.99 USD! If you can spend hundred of dollars buying a phone, I'm pretty sure you can spend $1.99 HAHAHA. By the way, for you iPhone users reading this - AfterFocus costs $0.99 USD - but I'm not sure if it's the Pro version or not.

As for the negatives, the only things I don't like about AfterFocus are: bokeh and double photo. In all honesty, they both suck. Well that's what I reckon anyways.

Likes ♥
Free on Android
Easy to use
Pretty filters
Produces DSLR quality photos
High resolution (with Pro version)

Dislikes 
Bokeh sucks
Double photo sucks as well

Overall rating: 9/10 ♥

I've actually never used the bokeh and double photo effects until this review and I don't plan to! I'll just find another photo editing app for bokeh but I'll skip the double photo effect - I don't even understand the point of it to be honest!

But regardless of this, I would definitely recommend it to EVERYONE! This app is simply amazeballs asdfghjkl. I might actually do a tutorial on it cause I can't stress enough how good AfterFocus is! Do you guys know any other good photo editors? 

Lots of Love,

Michelley ♥

Don't forget to follow me. ♥

9 comments:

  1. I think I might have to download this app for special outings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! It's super good and super easy to use! x

      Delete
  2. wow love this app! i wonder if they have it in android because i have a android mobile phone.. i used to have the iphone and i have to say.. apple for the win! haha

    xx
    emi-rii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a really nice app! I might search for it :3
    Take care, have a nice day!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comment. Oh you definitely have to try them out! :) Sure, I'll follow you xx
    http://www.charming-thou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing Michelle!! I have been looking for a good editing app for a while I might try this one out!!

    Justsoapril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool app! I have an android too, maybe Ill download this. Follow for a follow?

    zxuantan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an iPhone- avhgfuodngio
    At the moment, I use Line Camera for editing. *A* It has really good filters that makes my skin look very nice. ///v///
    I'll see if I can find this on the app store! Thank you for sharing Michelleeeeee! <3

    http://pandagin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also use app and nice post.
    Www.mastin-zellweger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥