Sunday, 3 November 2013

Brown Oxford Lace-up Boots Review ♥ (From eBay)

Yay! My parcels finally arrived on Friday! I've been waiting for these ones for ages asdfghjkl.

Anyways, here's the first parcel I got! I'll be showing you what else I got in the next post I write hehe.

Brown Oxford Lace-up Boots ♥

Ta da! Oh my god, I am absolutely in love with these shoes. They are just so cute and vintage and perfect and everything, I can't even asdfghjkl. When I was ordering these off eBay (here), I was really paranoid about them coming out horribly. I thought they would end up looking absolutely horrendous or they would be way too small/big or just plain squashed. I mean, around 80% of the stuff I've ordered online (excluding cosmetics/skincare) turned about to be simply dreadful and I'm pleased to say this is the other 20% that came out amazing. So yeah, I had REALLY low expectations for these shoes and what do you know? They're perfect!

Don't they look fab?
These shoes look nearly exactly like the photos, except quite a bit shorter. Some people might mind the height difference but you know what? I actually love it! I'm pretty short at only 5ft 3" which means my legs aren't long at all - so high cut boots tend to cut off my legs. But these on the other hand are just the perfect height! Just tall enough to look nice and short enough to make me not look stubby!

Lace socks + Brown boots = Dream come true ♥ 
They're also great for wearing with lace socks which is just fab. I actually wanted to buy a pair of oxfords after pinning a few pairs of them on Pinterest but at the same time I also wanted a pair of those clear Doc Martins. So in the end, I decided on these which were kind of the best of both worlds.

I love this photo. By the way, the insides of the shoes are kind of furry/fluffy.
These shoes are just the perfect fit for me! Any smaller and it would've been too tight and any bigger it would've been a too loose. So yeah, the sizing of these shoes were really good!

You can kind of tell the laces are short...
The only thing that bothers me about these shoes is how long they take to get them on and off. These babies are definitely not shoes that you can easily throw on or kick off so if you're going shoe shopping, don't wear these. Not to mention, taking them off and putting them back on is kind of annoying since the laces are quite short - kind of good and bad at the same time. Good cause you can tie them up in a bow knot. Bad cause they unlace themselves when you loosen them. If only they had a zipper at the back of them. Oh well.

I think they look amazing.
I really like the little details of the shoes. Super cute and unique.

Little glue mark!
Not to mention, the quality of these boots is pretty good. I was expecting a really crap pair of shoes but these were the exact quality you see in the photos (other than the height of the boots). I hate it when you buy something and it comes out horrible in real life. But as far as I'm concerned, the only flaw of these shoes is this little glue mark (as shown above). And even then it's only tiny! Not bad eh?

Likes ♥
Super cute design
Looks exactly like the photos
Perfect height
Perfect fit
Good quality
Comfortable

Dislikes 
Expensive?
Slow shipping
Hard to wear

Note: On the right shoe, there was a tiny glue mark.

Overall rating: 9/10 ♥

I would definitely recommend buying them since they're just adorable and everyone needs a pair of boots like these! Hope you liked this review!

Lots of Love,

Michelley 

Don't forget to follow me. ♥


12 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! I really love boots with laces. And it's funny how I use to wear frilly socks back in kindergarten and now they're selling trendy ones in topshop and stuff xD Thanks for sharing!
    Would you like to follow each other's blogs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks. And yes! It feels like all the trends from the past are making a comeback - I used to wear jellies when I was little and now they're fashionable apparently!

      Sure~ What's your blog address? x

      Delete
    2. It's chocobrowneyes.blogspot.com :)

      Delete
    3. Okay now following you on GFC and Bloglovin'! ♥

      Delete
  2. Ahhh! The lace socks look fabulous with these! *A*
    So adorable. <3 I've always wanted boots like these, but in black~
    Thank you for the excellent review!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please check out my blog if you have the time! ;v;
    pandagin.blogspot.com

    ☆ gin ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! You're so cute hehe. ♥

      And I already have! Love your blog hehe. Wanna follow each other? x

      Delete
    2. Way ahead of you girly~ Already following you on bloglovin. *^*
      I only use that to keep updated with blogs, but I followed you on GFC too!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha thank you! ♥ And I think I'm following you already! x

      Delete
  3. Those are freakin awesome <3

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥