Saturday, 3 August 2013

Confessions of a Hoarder.

Saturday 3 August 2013

I am a self-confessed hoarder.

Not exactly a hardcore hoarder but a hoarder none the less.

Why the sudden revelation?

You should watch this. ♥
The other day my mum told me to watch a programme about hoarding and then it hit me.

I'm showing the symptoms of hoarding.

I don't know why but lately I've had an addiction to shopping. Retail therapy I guess. At first it was a few little things, each bought one at a time - but then it got out of hand. Now I have so much useless garbage, I don't know what to do with it.

It can get A LOT worse than this.
Because I have so much unnecessary junk, my room is nowadays cluttered and becomes a bomb site rather easily. Every time I see my room in a messy state, which is nearly everyday, I begin to feel unhappy because it feels like my life is falling apart. But the thing is, I don't know how to fix it... I don't know where to begin tidying. But after watching this programme, Hoarding Buried Alive, I have in a way, "woken up". Seeing the horrific conditions of other people's houses on TV absolutely terrified me.

Why?

Because I could see myself following their footsteps.

This photo freaks me out.
I don't want that to happen. I don't want to let this behaviour control my life as it did for others. So starting from now, I'm going to change and I've already started!

Last night, I took a step and leaped forward. Dramatic right? Well basically, I threw out half my nail polishes. And I have had quite a lot of nail polishes. I wish I had a photo to show you but basically, I had an overflowing container's worth of polishes. One of those 7L Sistema containers in fact. Well anyways, over half of those nail polishes are now lying in the bin. Now I want to throw out even more hehe.

It might seem like such a little deal to you all but for me it was a lot harder than I thought it would be.

More photos to scare you and myself.
I wasted so much money buying cheap and horrible nail polishes so it was kind of hard to see myself throwing away money like that. But in the long run, it's better because while I might be throwing away over $100 now, in the future I'll hopefully be saving a lot more.

I'm tempted to fish the polishes out of the bin to show you how much I threw out - but I'm scared I won't put them back in again.

It doesn't look like a lot but the entire bin is filled with nail stuff. ♥
So here's a photo of my bin.

Tonight I'm going to be doing a massive clear out of garbage and unnecessary things so goodbye for now!

I still need to blog about my trip to China. Ugh.

Lots of Love,

Mimi ♥

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' ♥

  Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Haha, my room is just as bad, One day I came home and My father had put everything into boxes, I had to throw away at least 4 boxes worth of stuff :( It was so hard but refreshing haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry about not replying earlier - my lappytop was being mean to me. Omg that would've been impossible for me to do! I would've been stranded there for hours, thinking what to throw. ♥

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥