Tuesday, 11 June 2013

2013 America Trip: Day One - Arriving at Anaheim, California ♥

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Note: Before you begin reading this post, I'd just like to let you know that all of these posts were written in real-time on each day hehehe~ Also, I'd like to say sorry for not posting this earlier - I underestimated the amount of time it takes to add photos hehehe. Anyways, let's get started before I bore you all to death and I hope you enjoy reading about my vacation! ♥

Hello my lovelies!


Touch down. ♥
Guess where I am right now? In the U-S of A baby! ♥ Hehehehe. I've finally left LAX after going through customs and everything and I'm finally on the way to Disneyland!

And no, not really - I wish though. I'm actually on the way to Anaheim - where my hotel and Disneyland is hehehe. So close enough wtf.

Surprisingly, getting through customs and things at LAX didn't take long at all! We basically got off the plane, went to immigration, got our prints registered, a photo taken and voila! Hello LA. ♥ In fact, I swear this took like one hour - tops. I thought it would've taken ages -at least two hours minimum- but I guess not! More shopping time for me I guess hehehe.


Double the deliciousness. ♥
After we were cleared through the airport and let into California, we went into a little shop at the airport~ Who knew they made Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in king size? Yum yum.


I'm not sure if I'm tired or if these seats are comfy. ♥
Anyways, back to the present! No time to think about yummy sweets - my worries are currently lying with the bus driver. Apparently, the man driving my shuttle has only gotten his driving license a few weeks ago. From eBay wtf. Not sure if he's kidding or not because the way he drives...

Sleepy time. Laugh at my little brother's pillow. ♥
Anyways, I've only been here for around a few hours but I already love this place. ♥ Los Angeles is simply nice and warm and sunny and breezy and everything wonderful. ♥ It's like God poured everything fabulous into this city. I still can't believe that the sun is bright and shining even though it's already 5pm. It feels like it's only midday or early afternoon at the latest. ♥

Not to mention, there are palm trees everywhere. This is pretty different from New Zealand (or at least Auckland) as I haven't seen many palm trees in all my years living here. Which is like my entire life hehehe. But I think Napier has the most palms in New Zealand - they have quite a few lined up along the waterfront. I'd love to show you a photo but they were all wiped out - along with my hard drive. Cry cry. Thankfully we have Google Images.


Traffic jam~ ♥
Also, the motorways (also known as freeways over there) are incredibly wide compared to New Zealand. There are like hundreds and hundreds of lanes, all packed with drivers going 90 miles an hour with plenty going even faster. Laugh how the speed limit is actually 65. And apparently I'm very observant because I also noticed something else - a lot of people drive by themselves! When I was on the road, the carpool lane was completely empty while all the other lanes were packed wtf.

Anyways, that's enough for now. I'm so tired, I'm just about to fall asleep. Bye~ ♥

________________________________________________________________________________________

And now we're in Anaheim!


The lamp posts are just so cute! ♥
Oh my god. This place is so pretty, I could just die.

What is this sorcery??


Even their bus stops are nice. ♥
There are so many beautiful plants and trees everywhere, all daintily planted and skillfully sculpted in tidy rows wtf. This is just insane.


These flowers are actually true to colour. ♥
These flowers are also true to colour. ♥
________________________________________________________________________________________


Our hotel! Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel~ ♥
Palm trees, palm trees, palm trees everywhere. ♥
This place looks a million times better in person. ♥
Oh my god. I've finally arrived at the hotel. This place looks freaking amazing wtf. It's like a hotel within a building wtf.

Does that even make sense?

How is that even possible?


There are no lights wtf. ♥
Starbucks at my fingertips. ♥
And even better! There's a Starbucks right inside this place hehehe. I don't even have to leave the building to get a frappe. ♥ So happy I could die wtf.


Ignore the trainers hehehe. They were the only shoes I brought along wtf. ♥
Mummy and Little Brother. ♥
My dad has swag. ♥
_______________________________________________________________________________________


#01 ♥
Back again! Is it just me or is my frappe absolutely massive? I'm drinking a Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappe hehehe~ ♥ I swear this is actually bigger than the frappes I usually drink. Maybe it's because I ordered the largest hehehe. Greedy guts here.


Naked juice. ♥
Super love their snacks. ♥
"Would you like some fries with that?"
"Yes please - and make it large with a triple cheeseburger on the side."

And once again, no, not really. But oh my god. I'm going to die of caffeine overdose wtf. Or sugar overdose. Or blocked arteries wtf. I haven't even gotten past the lid and I feel like I'm going to die. My head is aching and I'm feeling dizzy and nauseous. Coffee and I do not mix at all, I guess. How sad. Laugh how this is probably the weakest you can get coffee.


The lobby has quite nice sitting areas~ ♥
Laugh at how babyish I am hehe. It's only 10pm right now so I'm about to head out to have a lookie-see. No more coffee for me ever again. My head is pounding so hard, it feels like someone turned the volume to full blast wtf. I am about to die. Blech.


Spot Target. ♥
Going out now! There's a Target around the corner hehehe.

Bye! ♥

________________________________________________________________________________________


Baked goodies~ ♥
Fresh strawberry pie. ♥
Ohhai' dere. As of right now, I'm currently eating dinner at Coco's Bakery - a super cute restaurant that sells delicious looking pies hehehe. In fact, all their baked goods look amazing.

Oh my god. This was amazing. ♥
Not to mention, their cream of broccoli soup is simply to die for. I mean, how can you cram this much flavour into a spoonful of soup? Impossible.


Steak of the day. ♥
Yay, just got my steak! And oh my god, the portions are just absolutely huge. They gave me this massive slab of beef which is like bigger than both of my hands wtf. Not to mention, a huge potato which is like twice the size of average ones. Oh and of course, a generous helping of veges. Gotta have my greens!


Super cute kid's menu! ♥
I swear I am going to be obese at the end of this trip, you just wait and see. I just can't stop eating because it's so good. *Cry cry* Sooner or later, I'll actually end up eating the plate itself...


Lobster + Steak + Potato + Veges ♥
But seriously, the meat here is just to die for. Not only is it seasoned to perfection but cooked to perfection as well. I mean, how do you get the beef cooked all the way through without turning it into a piece or rubber? Like how do you keep it tender? Sometimes when my mum cooks steak, I end up eating a slab of gumboots for dinner wtf. Joking, my mum's not that bad at cooking. It's usually worse. I kid, I kid.


Looks can be deceiving. This drink tasted amazing. ♥

Honestly, this is probably the best steak of my life, excluding all the sneaky pieces of tendon and fat that just naturally come with prime rib. The beef was well cooked and tender, seasoned to perfection and was somewhat juicy and flavourful hehehe. That smoky taste.


Don't you hate it when you see nice places that are deserted? ♥
So my question is... Why is this place empty? Cry cry. They even have free WiFi here wtf. I mean what's not to love? Peach iced tea from heaven. Fabulous cream of broccoli soup. Amazing prime rib. Fresh strawberry and chocolate pie that just melts in your mouth. I think I'm in food heaven wtf.

Anyways, I've had enough writing for one day!

Lots of Love,

Mimi ♥

2 comments:

  1. Michelle you lucky girl! I can't believe you got to go to USA! I do remember seeing something about USA on your facebook account but i never imagined itwould be this AMAZING! Miss you lots :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alyssa! Long time no see! ♥ How have you been?! And hehehe thanks~ I miss you too ♥ x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥