Sunday, 12 May 2013

Mothers' Day at KK Malaysia Cuisine in Epsom ♥

Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day! ♥ I hope you all had a wonderful day with your family hehehe~ 

Today my family and I went to KK Malaysian Cuisine in Epsom for lunch! This Malaysian restaurant has been opened since 2003 and has always been popular with the locals. The food there is absolutely delicious and the Nasi Lemak tastes just as good - if not better than the ones I've tried in Malaysia.  And I've tried plenty. Even my parents agree and they're Malaysian.

Anyways, KK is always crowded with plenty of diners filling up every table - even on a quiet night. We had forgotten to book in advance and weren't expecting a table - but luckily a table was free hehehe. 

Some of the dishes we ordered~ ♥

Rendang Chicken. ♥
Rendang Chicken is a "dry" Indonesian curry that is rich in spices and cream. The pre-marinated chicken pieces slowly cook with kaffir lime and red curry paste before finishing with slow toasted desiccated coconut. By the way, I'm stealing their description hehehe~

This was my mum's favourite dish~ ♥ It was slightly too greasy for my liking but everyone else seemed to enjoy it.

Sambal Eggplant with chicken and shrimp. ♥
Diced eggplants stir-fried with chicken, shrimp and sambal, a Malaysian style chilli. There's nothing much to say about this dish, especially because I didn't try it - not a fan of eggplants.

Sambal Squid~ ♥
Squid cooked perfectly with sambal, chunky tomato and spring onion. Super love. ♥ This was my favourite dish today without a doubt. The squid was so soft and tender, it was as if they had steamed them gently for hours. They just melted in your mouth - it was the most tender squid I've had in my life. ♥ I absolutely hate it when squids taste like gumboots - all rubbery and chewy like plastic wtf.

We also ordered a fish but it was too ugly to photograph wtf.  And that's saying something cause I took photos of everything else - and they all looked bad.

They now have Chocolate Sorbet and Lemon Sorbet! ♥
Anyways, after having an incredibly rich and greasy lunch full of spices, we went to Yoghurt Culture to have a cup of froyo. If you haven't already read my post on Yoghurt Culture, you can read it here - Frozen Yoghurt and Froyo at Yoghurt Culture (YoC) in Newmarket. ♥ I didn't really feel like eating frozen yoghurt today but hey, you can never go wrong with Snickers froyo hehehe. 

Ugly froyo of the day hehehe~ ♥
My little brother really loves his froyo and fish eggs wtf. ♥
You know you've been eating too much frozen yoghurt when both shop owners recognise you wtf. I'm like their number one fan I guess?! They were super nice and gave my family 10% off hehehe~ 

Apparently I'm also a regular at a few other places - the bubble tea ladies recognise me and always give me a discount! They also know I'll only order milk tea hehe. ♥ Once I left my phone behind on the table and was panicking because someone might've taken it - but they found it just after I left! They kept it overnight in the cash register and when I came in the next day looking for it,  they gave it to me! Yay~

 Anyways, that's all for today! I'll be posting a review soon~ ♥

Lots of Love,

Mimi ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥