Sunday, 19 May 2013

Made with love. Macarons with Buttercream and Strawberry Jam. ♥

Sunday 19 May 2013

Weekends are the best days to unwind and relax. So that's what I did! I "forgot" about all my homework on Saturday afternoon and set about baking macarons.

I have no idea why I chose to bake macarons. Trust me to pick the most time-consuming thing to make.

Drawing circles. ♥
Firstly, I had to draw circles onto two sheets of baking paper. This took forever - and when I say "forever", I mean half an hour wtf. I had to go get a ruler and make sure every circle was perfectly aligned before I actually started making the batter. *Angry* OCD is horribly annoying.

Almond Meal + Powdered Sugar ♥
Next I had to blend almond meal with icing sugar. To me, this step was completely useless as I had already sieved the almond meal and the icing sugar. *Wasting my life away*

Sieving the mixture. ♥
Then I had to sieve the mixture again wtf. I have no life.

Picked out two pretty eggs. ♥
Is it just me, or can you see a face? This headache is making me see things wtf.

I suck at cracking eggs. ♥
Next I had to separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. As you can see, I am clearly the master of cracking eggs wtf. I am so pro, I managed to crack them out of the bowl. Now that takes some real talent. Just like falling up the stairs. And tripping over air. Like I said, that takes some real talent..

Glossy meringue! ♥
After I cleaned up the bench - the eggs went everywhere except in the bowl -, I had to beat the egg whites until they became nice and fluffy! This was incredibly exhausting and I was using a mixer wtf. I was tired from watching it I guess.

Pink ripples of yummy-ness ♥
Tinted it pink of course! ♥ I think I took three hours to make these macarons wtf. The first time I tried making macarons, I took an hour and failed miserably hehehe. I guess my macarons became well-rested after I kept stopping to take photos.

Happiest moment of my life! None of them cracked! ♥
Ta-da! Not bad, if I do say so myself. You have no idea how stressed I was about burning them. Every few minutes, I would leap up from the couch and run for my life. The last time I tried making macarons, I forgot about them and they turned dark brown. *Sad* Such a waste of my time. At least these ones turned out nice!

Yay for the little feet~ ♥
This is actually my second time making macarons and in my opinion, they turned out pretty well! None of the shells cracked and they actually formed feet~ Not to mention, the shells were nice and crunchy on the outside and chewy in the centre. Yay~ 


Macarons with buttercream and jam. ♥
The only letdown about my macarons was my buttercream. The icing kept splitting because it was too cold so in the end, I just gave up and simply filled them hehehe. It still tasted nice!

Oh-so-jammy! ♥ They look better in person hehe~ ♥
Anyways, that's enough for today! I have a splitting headache and can't be bothered to write anymore. If you would like to see the recipe I used, simply click on the following link - Mad for Macarons!

Lots of Love,

Mimi 

2 comments:

  1. omg they look amazing :O gimme some ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks baby. ♥ Too late hehehe~ My brother ate them all wtf.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥