Saturday, 13 April 2013

Tea at Hello Kitty Cafe in Newmarket! ♡

Saturday 13 March 2013

Hello my lovelies!

Guess what I did today? I went to Hello Kitty Cafe in Newmarket with Lindy for tea hehehe. For those who don't know the place, New Zealand has a really pretty Hello-Kitty themed cafe in Newmarket, Auckland. 

Pretty right? 
To be honest, I was actually quite disappointed because there wasn't a lot of counter food and the displays were extremely empty. Just a few sandwiches and puddings that looked a hundred years old. It was actually quite surprising because when we came to have a look the other day, the counter was filled with a wide range of goodies - cakes, jellies, cookies, etc. 

Loving the Hello Kitty cups hehehe~ 
So yeah, super disappointed and sad. Luckily our hot chocolates came and we were distracted by the cuteness hehehe. 

Don't you think this is just adorable? 
*Admiring the prettiness of the hot chocolate* 
We spent over half an hour taking photos of our hot chocolate -not even exaggerating- before we began to drink them. Surprisingly they didn't become stone cold and mine was actually the perfect temperature - just slightly hot.

Just look at the perfection! 
Two fluffy marshmallows! 
They were actually really nice and creamy and everything! Not to mention, they came in these ultra cute Hello Kitty mugs with marshmallows on the side~

Lindy's is red, mine is pink! 
Cuteness overload. 
Cheers~ 
You can never have too much Hello Kitty. 
So we were sipping our hot chocolate and taking hundreds of selfies when Lindy had the fabulous idea of stealing another table's salt and pepper shakers mhehehe. She took them to our table and then we took more selfies cause we're retarded and feel the need to take selfies with seasoning shakers wtf. 

Adorable salt and pepper. 
I actually really like this photo. Thanks Lindy~ 
Lindy taking a photo with the salt! 
Ohhai 'dere. 
It was really awkward taking so many photos because everyone would stare at us being vain and shameless wtf. Worst of all we sat right in front of the counter so everyone would walk by at one point and give us a look that said 'Look at those Asian girls taking so many photos of themselves and their hot chocolate wtf.' But we obviously didn't care cause we kept taking more and more hehehe. 

Making the most of pretty backgrounds. 
More of my face and Hello Kitty. 
Mimi + Lindy + Hello Kitty 
Fast-foward a few more selfies and Jennyfer joined us for hot chocolate~ Her hot chocolate came with a Hello Kitty face on it - very jealous wtf.  Oh and Zhouai later came because they were having a debating meeting but I don't have any photos of her because she's not vain like us wtf. ♥ 

Cute as Hello Kitty~ 
Seductive 101. 
The babes. 
Last photo in Hello Kitty Cafe~ 
When we had finally left Hello Kitty Cafe with our hundreds of photos, we were talking when Linda asked if we had forgotten anything.

"Did you leave anything behind?"
"No, I have everything."
"I think we left our dignities."

Hilarious right?  The worst part of it is that it's probably true. Anyways, here's my outfit of the day~ 


Not looking at the camera because I think I'm hard wtf. Actually my mum came and was asking me what I was doing hehehehe. That's enough photos and writing for today, I hoped you liked this post.

Note: I have revisited Hello Kitty Cafe in Newmarket and blogged about it! If you haven't already seen that post, simply click on the following link - Hello Kitty Cafe in Newmarket - Revisited ♥

Lots of Love,

Mimi 

32 comments:

  1. where in newmarket is this cafe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's across the road from the train station square~ ♥

      Delete
  2. Wheres the cafe in Newmarket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just opposite the train station square! ♥

      Delete
  3. wow ths is really cool! thanks im gonna take my babes and go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I wouldn't say 'quite vain'. I would say EXTREMELY vain hehehehe. ♥

      Delete
  5. omg so excited to find out about this place!!!! thank you for posting this! :D
    and i totally understand the need to pose with those seasoning shakers hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe you're welcome and thanks for reading! ♥

      Delete
  6. I love that bag so cute! I think I'll try this cafe this weekend, thanks for posting about it =) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! Remember to take lots of photos and selfies hehehe~ ♥

      Delete
  7. I am so going here today!~ This looks amazing. I went to the Hello Kitty Dreams restaurant in Beijing, but this looks even more Hello Kittyish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, I went back again today! I might have seen you then hehehehe~ ♥ Oh and the Hello Kitty Dreams restaurant looks so cute! ♥

      Delete
  8. Eek this place looks so cute, and your pictures are adorable. Do you have any idea of what their hours are? I can't find any details online :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! ♥ I'm not too sure about their hours but I know they're open early in the mornings (they have a breakfast special during 7-10am) and close late at night - around 10pm! ♥

      Delete
  9. im going there soon with a few friends, whats the price range like maybe for a tea and cupcake or whatever? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not exactly sure about the price of tea but most of their drinks are around the $4 mark~ As for the the cupccake - they only have muffins which are around $3+! Personally the food there isn't very good (the beef sliders were awful) but I hope you have a good time with your friends! ♥

      Delete
  10. Why do you think you're "hard"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a joke hehehe.

      "You think you're hard eh?"
      "Yeah rock solid."

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh.
      Did you know that "hard" can allude to ... (something to do with males)?
      And the way you used the word in that sentence too.

      PS, loving the Hello Kitty photos.

      Delete
    3. Oops hehehe. I was actually referring to how people always take photos yet they don't look at the camera! (They think they're the bomb)♥

      And thanks! ♥

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Oh my god, that actually made my day! You know you're getting somewhere in life when you get hate from people you don't know.

      Life is good. ♥

      Delete
  12. You're really pretty! And you're photos are really nicely taken~ Enjoyed your blog very much ^-^ I'll definitely be visiting that cafe some day~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! ♥ You must be the nicest person ever hehehe~ Please keep on reading my little blog and be sure to share the love with everyone~ *Wink* ♥ Also, I hope you have fun at Hello Kitty Cafe! ♥

      Delete
  13. Super late to the party, I found your blog by hunting for Sasa reviews, haha.
    Then I saw you mention Newmarket somewhere -- I didn't realise you're a NZer too!

    AND THERE'S A HELLO KITTY CAFE IN AUCKLAND? I wonder if the lolita community has checked it out yet.. if not, it's about time we did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha oh my god I love Sasa. I swear I could stay on their website or in their store for hours.

      And woo! New Zealand bloggers represent hehe! Yeah I probably should say I'm from New Zealand somewhere. Oh well~

      Omg you're so cute! ♥ Do you have a blog? I can't seem to find it on my phone! Link me if you do please! xx

      Delete
  14. Sorry for the super late reply;
    I know how you feel about Sasa! I'm in love with face and sheet masks, they're so cheap! But then when I go to check out I wonder how I managed to spend that much money on them :P

    I'm in the process of trying to find more blogs to follow myself so I was more than happy to follow you -- I have a blog at http://www.lisa-luck.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly the latest reply ever! And amen to that sister. Everything is so superly cheap yet somehow my cart doesn't feel like $100 worth of stuff or whatever hehe.

      Delete
  15. Omgg this cafe is so adorable! I love how even the patterns in the hot chocolate are of Hello kitty!
    I wish i could visit this cafe one day :D
    I followed you back~

    xx
    Beautifyinglifee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it was really adorable when it opened - but since then the place has changed to a fairytale themed cafe!

      Thank you sweetie! x

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥