Thursday, 3 January 2013

Road trip to nowhere. ♥

Thursday 3 January 2013

Hello my lovelies~ ♥


I hope you all had a fabulous New Year and an amazing time in 2012. Personally, 2012 was one of the best years of my life - I met some wonderful people, made some lovely friends and learnt a lot of valuable lessons. Hopefully 2013 will be an amazing year to come and I can't wait for everything to unfold. ♥ In a few days I'll be sharing my New Year's resolutions, but for now, follow me on adventure to the unknown. ♥

Winnie and I. ♥

Early on Friday morning, my family and I left our house, unsure of the journey to come. This trip was anything but planned as we left with nothing but the bags in our hands. There was no pre-booked accommodation waiting for us or even a detailed itinerary to tell us everything we needed. We just took everything as it came and went.


Overall, this trip has been surprisingly good to be honest! Never in my life have I seen so many moo-moo cows or sheepies hehehehe. ♥

Anyways, here are some photos from the trip!



Our route! ♥
Matamata~ ♥
At the beach! ♥
After driving for a few hours, we decided to have lunch on a beach in Waikato. We dropped down to a local cafe for some fish and chips before heading down to the seaside where we would eat our delicious goodies. ♥


Sun + Breeze = ♥
While enjoying the lovely weather and our lunch, a few seagulls flew over hoping for a few chippies. Before we had even given them a bite, flocks and flocks of seagulls swarmed by our bench, surrounding us from every angle! They waited behind us, watching us eat with their beady eyes. They flew above our heads, awaiting for the perfect opportunity to swoop in. They even followed us as we scrambled away from our bench, tailing us as we left the seaside! Thankfully they left us alone as soon as we abandoned our snack.

R.I.P. Chippies. ♥



Government Gardens~ ♥
Later that day, we stopped in Rotorua and visited the Government Gardens. It was so beautiful and pretty from inside the car, but as soon as I stepped out onto the grass, I wanted to puke. Apparently the hydrogen sulfide released by the hot springs causes the eggs-gone-bad odour. Yay for Google! ♥


Oh-so-breezy. ♥
Then we went back onto the road. ♥ We were rushing to arrive in Napier before nightfall, but luckily it was a bright and sunny day! Yay. ♥

A lovely day for exploring~ ♥
What did the little tree say to the big tree?
"Leaf me alone!"  ♥
There were so many mountains. And hills. And trees. And cows. And sheepies. ♥

Paradise - a place or state of bliss. ♥
New Zealand is like perfection. ♥


Napier at last! ♥
Yay! We arrived in Napier just as the sun began to go down~ Mission accomplished. ♥

Sunset on Marine Parade. ♥
The next day we woke up in Hastings where we stayed overnight. For breakfast, we visited the Farmer's Market to pick up some fresh produce and homemade treats. ♥

Hawke's Bay Farmers' Market. ♥
Sorry for being so cheesy. ♥
These look quite radish-ing! ♥
At the market, we picked up some amazing delights. For breakfast, I had a lovely French waffle with fresh cream, maple syrup and strawberries. It was so fluffy and yummy. ♥ Sadly I don't have a nice photo of it, but it was delicious! My mum also bought a giant loaf of homemade bread which was incredibly tasty while my dad bought a variety of organic berries~ Who knew natural tasted so good?

One of these types of berries were called 'Loganberries' and oh my goodness. They were amazing. ♥ As soon as you picked up a berry, it would burst between your fingers, the bright red juice staining your hands. These berries were sweet yet tart and literally melted in your mouth. ♥



Underwater~ ♥
Everything was just so delicious! We had all these for snacks while we were on the road hehehehe. Anyways, before we headed back to Auckland, we decided to go to Napier. While we were there, we visited the Nation Aquarium of New Zealand. ♥


I decided to film the main aquarium to show all of you. ♥ You better love me for this hehehehe~ ♥ By the way, sorry if it's slightly shaky! I didn't have my tripod with me at the time but enjoy~

Edit: I uploaded the video but it didn't save. *Cries* ♥ I'll try upload it later, sorry~ ♥


After we finished looking at the fishies, we popped down to the ice cream bar by the beach. ♥ Yummy~



Ice creamie~ ♥
Yay we're at the end~ ♥ Thank you so much for reading this blog post, I hope you all enjoyed reading about my trip. ♥ Surprisingly, there was quite a bit more that happened but I didn't want to write so much hehehehe~ Also, sorry for taking such a long time to update - it took me forever to upload the video~ ♥ Anyways, I hope you all have a fabulous 2013 and a wonderful holiday! ♥

Lots of Love,


Mimi ♥

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG SO MUCH!! IT'S SO CUTE! It looks like you had a really fun road trip :) you're so lucky! Please keep writing, I love reading your posts! <3

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥