Thursday, 10 January 2013

My New Year's resolutions for 2013. ♥

Thursday 10 January 2013

So I've been thinking about this blog post for quite a while now and I was finally inspired to write the other night. ♥ I guess it's quite late to be writing about my New Year's resolutions now but it's better late than never..? ♥

In this world, not everyone is blessed with an amazing figure like Miranda Kerr. I've always been one of those people who have felt uncomfortable about their figure and insecure about their weight. So now when I think about my New Year's resolutions, they all seem to click and finally make sense. ♥

They all seem to relate to every girl's challenge - to lose weight.

Before I explain more,  I want to say this first:
Losing weight isn't one of my New Year's resolutions at all.
It's what's involved in losing weight that I want to gain from this year.

When you lose weight, you have to be persistent. You can't simply quit and give up a few days into your challenge, otherwise you'll never reach what you want to look like and be like. In my life, I've always been a quitter. When it gets tough, all I want to do is surrender and cry. Just the other day, I watched The Vow and the same thought kept occurring in my head.

I continued to wonder that night:

"Why was he was so persistent?" ♥

If it was me, I think I would have given up all hope. Imagine someone you loved lost their memory and remembered everything apart from you. It would have been heartbreaking. During that movie, I cried rivers of tears. Actually make that an ocean of tears. ♥


Ocean of tears? ♥
But now when I really think about it, I give up on nearly everything. For me, if it gets too hard, I just give up because there's no use trying if you're only going to fail. But through losing weight, you learn how to pursue on, even when things go wrong. Why? Because you can't ever go anywhere in life without trying. Life without trying is a life without surprises because when you try, you discover new things - new talents, new skills, new ideas, etc; all of which surprises you at first. ♥

The second thing losing weight shows you how to be disciplined. To reach your ideal you,  you need to focus and keep working to your objective. Exercising teaches you to stick to your routine on a regular basis and that you can't suddenly stop. If you decide to quit exercising for a long time, you'll simply find yourself back where you used to be - square one.

This third point may sound ridiculous but it's incredibly true. Failure is something we're all afraid of. It's something we all hope to avoid everyday whether it be failing an exam or even failing ourselves. Somehow, trying to lose weight can teach you how to accept failure. Like when you step back onto the scales and find out that's barely anything's changed. It's frustrating because you've worked so hard and nothing worked at all.


This bridge was built with persistence. ♥
It's alright if it didn't work the first time or the second time or even the tenth time!There's always enough time to try again - just keep on pursuing and you'll eventually find something that suits you! These few sentences can apply to anything at all, whether it be finding a hobby that you enjoy or even learning a new language! Not everyone's going to pass their driving test on their first go or even their eyesight test. It's exactly the same as losing weight - not everyone's going to reach their ideal figure without a few ups and downs. But this brings me to the another point - optimism.

When it rains, the clouds shed tears but sooner or later, the sun shines and a rainbow is formed. ♥ It's like saying whenever something bad happens,  there's always something good that appears from it. ♥ Losing weight has it's ups and downs for sure, but sometimes you have to look at things through rose-tinted glasses and see the light in those situations. ♥ When I'm exhausted from exercising and wake up the next day feeling awful, I immediately think:

"Why did I even bother? I was foolish to even try to be healthier. Exercising is horrible." 


Clouds make me happy. ♥
But then I think about how I really feel underneath: Happy, like I've accomplished something. Even though I'm sore and stiff, I'm happy because I know I'm one step closer to being the ideal me. ♥ I feel good about being healthier and simply better about myself as obsessive as that sounds. ♥ I might not have lost any weight during that exercise session but somehow I felt more confident in myself. Like I was invincible hehehehe. ♥

"Confidence is the key to success." Such a simple quote yet oh-so-true. ♥ These six words when used together in a sentence can relate to nearly everything. Going into a job interview without confidence is like selling something you barely know about. Sure you can talk about the key parts - your qualifications and the product's specifications, but no one's going to want to buy it if you don't give them a reason.

"Why are you better than everyone else waiting outside that door?"

"Why is your product better than everything else on the market?"


Everything feels inspiring when it's misty hehehehe~ ♥
If you don't have confidence in yourself, how can other people have confidence in you? Losing weight is not all about lowering the number on your scales, it's about being confident with who you are. But when most people lose weight, they find themselves happier and more confident with who they are. ♥ I'm not going to rain on their parade if they're happier with themselves, just as long as they're healthy. ♥

And lastly, accepting yourself. Sometimes you might not have that tiny waist you've always longed for or that thigh gap everyone seems to wish for nowadays. Sometimes it's about being happy with who you are and accepting yourself with all your perfections and flaws. ♥

Sure losing weight might make you look and feel more attractive, but it's about embracing yourself as a person and making it work. It's about accentuating what you have as a person so it doesn't necessarily mean to stop using your beauty products because I can't live without my lipgloss. ♥

So these are my New Year's Resolutions:

1. Be more persistant.
2. Be more disciplined.
3. Be more open to failure.
4. Be more optimistic.
5. Be more confident in myself.
6. Be more accepting of myself.
7. Be more girly when it comes to dressing. ♥

I've already written it once but I'll write it again, just in case you've forgotten. My New Year's resolution is not to lose weight but to learn all these lessons associated with losing weight. Ah-bviously I would love to lose weight but that's not the reason of my New Year's resolutions.

I just want to be a better me, not a new me.
If every year, you become a new person, who are you really? Why do you feel the need to change yourself every year? ♥


Today! ♥

This blog post has been delayed for quite some time but I finally reached there in the end. ♥ These resolutions must have already kicked in because at some point of my thinking, I wanted to give up. I just didn't know what I wanted to say and how to say it. But I carried on and here we are today, at the end of yet another blog post. ♥

Please feel free to drop me a comment on your thoughts of this blogpost - it's incredibly easy! Simply click on comments link beside the title before scrolling down to the comment box! Thanks for reading! ♥

Lots of Love,

Mimi ♥

2 comments:

  1. nice blog :) !! i usually get tired of reading blogs but this one was really fun to read <3

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a message ♥